Shedding little things

It’s garbage night. As much as I want to post about a reasonably productive day, or my great ballet class I am not feeling the blogging love tonight. As I sat here, I started poking through a little bowl that has been on the counter for ages. It collects bits and pieces of things I might need again - coins, keys, batteries that need to be taken for recycling, etc. Tonight I emptied most of it out. Those keys I can’t find a lock for, and the old lock I lost the key for are both going into the recycling. I spotted a battery recycling box at work, so I now I have a place for them. And all those bobby pins and screws and whatnot? Heaven knows when they were last used, so out they go. Sometimes unloading the little things really do unlighten the load - they can take up more mental energy than the big things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shedding junk in my work space

The COVID-19 new normal?

The World Without Us - Thoughts for Earth Day