Expanding Areas of Calm

A friend described her house organization efforts that way recently, and I thought it was brilliant. Another friend asked me today if my decluttering efforts are in preparation for a move or something equally exciting. Nope - they are just an attempt to expand my areas of calm. I think it’s starting to work, too. My bedroom is getting tidier as I complete projects or get rid of unwanted stuff. In the past week I have reorganized bookshelves (and gotten rid of books), and started clearing my work bench (and gave myself permission to throw out all the leftovers from old plumbing projects).

All week I have spent too much time at my desk and not enough time in the sun. Zumba is done, and I haven’t been able to swim since Saturday. I was in pain from sitting so much, so this evening I went for a nice long walk. The gardens have filled out considerably, and the sky was beautiful. It is clear that I need to expand my areas of calm to include the spaces in my head and the muscles in my body


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shedding junk in my work space

The COVID-19 new normal?

The World Without Us - Thoughts for Earth Day