The joy of predictability

I am a steady 2 km an hour swimmer. I can push it a little faster for a sprint or at the pool where I can take advantage of pushing off the wall, but 2 km an hour is my forever speed. I can swim In the open water for hours with no change to my stroke at that pace.

Today was a perfect example of that. I had time for a quick swim at the Pond so I did three loops. Each loop was just under 350m long and took 10 minutes, give or take a few seconds. And George the Seagull was in his usual spot each time I swam by. George has been a regular for several years (though I suppose it could be a lookalike). I’d you look closely, you can see the little white blob that is George near the shore, about level with my left ear.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shedding junk in my work space

The COVID-19 new normal?

The World Without Us - Thoughts for Earth Day