Ballet

Tonight was my first night back after the Christmas break. I desperately wanted to dance when I was a little kid, but lived out in the country and was big for my age - no classes, no way anyone would see me as ballerina material. Fast forward more than 40 years, and I discovered adult ballet. My daughter started lessons when she turned four and loved it. When we moved to our current home, I signed her up at the local dance school. Then I remembered reading about adult ballet classes at the National Ballet School in Toronto, so I called up the school and asked if they offered classes for fat old ladies. I was told they preferred to call it adult beginner, but yes. That was about 15 years ago. I stopped for a few years when I injured a foot and then discovered belly dance as an alternative, but now I’m back and loving it. I forgot to take a picture of my studio, which feels very professional as we have a pianist rather than recorded music, but here is sweaty happy me after class.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shedding junk in my work space

The COVID-19 new normal?

The World Without Us - Thoughts for Earth Day