Fancy

Fancy hasn’t been ridden since Tuesday, so I decided today was a good day for a lesson on ground manners and working on the lunge line. That ended up being a good call as someone decided that clearing snow with the big tractor right outside the arena was a good plan. Clearly, that person doesn’t actually deal with horses. She was nervous, but did pretty well.

My evening has been spent fixing her winter blanket. Somehow she tore a foot-long strip off the side; the lining was missing a chunk and the whole thing was full of ice and bits of hay. I managed to use up a piece of wool roving by stitching into the the lining, then sent way too long mending the rip. As much as I like to get rid of things I don’t need, I hate the idea of sending things to the landfill. The blanket should be perfectly usable now, though it definitely has “character”.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shedding junk in my work space

The COVID-19 new normal?

The World Without Us - Thoughts for Earth Day