It has been an insanely busy week at work.
It has been really interesting, and sometimes exciting, but I am absolutely drained. Next week promises to be more of the same in some respects, but I it means that I am making progress on my big project. It’s all the side projects that are challenging. This week we added in the crash of the airplane in Iran - so many young and talented Canadians and students at Canadian universities were lost. Plus the visit of a high-profile visitor with just a week’s notice to prepare a program. And a major change in our staffing practices that has about half of my team freaking a little over their future with the department. 
My shoulders are killing me from tension right now, despite a massage last night and a trip to the chiropractor’s this morning. In a weird, dysfunctional way, it’s how I know it’s good to be alive. Being an adrenaline junkie is one of the habits I really need to shed. I started working on that today by joining in for part of our group five minutes of planking and pushups in the morning, and leading a five minute shoulder stretch routine in the afternoon. My mind is still racing, so I think I’ll try a little yoga now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shedding junk in my work space

The COVID-19 new normal?

The World Without Us - Thoughts for Earth Day