Swimming!

Today was the first day in the pool since June. That’s when my swim club stops for the summer so everyone can take advantage of the opportunities to swim outside during the summer. I broke my arm just below the shoulder near the end of July; although I was back in the water within a few weeks, there was no way I could keep up with my lane when the club reconvened in September. It felt great to be back today, seeing friends for the first time in months. I was so excited to be back, I even broke out a new suit for the occasion. My facial expression doesn’t reflect it, but I was really happy to be there.



I was also fairly pleased with my swim. I didn’t do all the individual medley sets, and I had to use fins for part of the time, but I managed 1875 metres, including butterfly. The last time I tried butterfly was in October, and I nearly drowned myself because I couldn’t get that injured arm out of the water.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shedding junk in my work space

The COVID-19 new normal?

The World Without Us - Thoughts for Earth Day