Damp Squib

My day started at 5 am, and technically ended at about 8:45 pm when I finally got home, only to discover that both my house keys and the emergency key were inside the house. Spoiler alert - my daughter abandoned her evening plans to come and rescue me.

In some ways, today felt like a firecracker day: lots of exciting were happening, my whole team was buzzing with a variety of urgent tasks, others that were important, and a few that were both. Unfortunately, we just couldn’t keep up with the demands and by 7 pm everyone was exhausted. I chased most folks home and stayed to clean up my desk and deal with messages I hadn’t touched all day.

I finally escape around 8:45, only to discover that both my house keys and the spare were locked up inside the hous. My daughter eventually rescued me but I have done nothing productive since getting inside. Hence my comment about feeling like a damp squib. I am falling asleep over my keyboard, so it is time for bed.
A display of squibs, likely for Diwali. They do not look damp at all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shedding junk in my work space

The COVID-19 new normal?

The World Without Us - Thoughts for Earth Day