Excitement

I spent 40 minutes shovelling snow this morning and was nearly late for practice, so that was exciting but not in a good way. My daughter was supposed to have used the car since the snowstorm but had not, and it took me longer than expected to break through the layers of ice and snow.

This evening I went out for dinner with horsey friends and saw a couple of people I haven’t seen in ages. It was nice to catch up. I rarely go out for dinner, so this was a real treat.

Throughout the day, I have been watching the news out of Qatar and Afghanistan and it is truly exciting. It is the tiniest of first steps in a process that could take years and probably won’t lead to a peace of the kind we would hope for. Still, this first step has many people in Afghanistan celebrating.

This picture is from Jalalabad today:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shedding junk in my work space

The COVID-19 new normal?

The World Without Us - Thoughts for Earth Day