Community

In this anxiety-inducing time of COVID-19, I am discovering the joys of being on-line. My team worked from home today, with the exception of two people. I am hoping we will all be able to work from home shortly. There is almost nothing we need to come into the office for, except meetings with people who aren’t as ready for working remotely.

Outside of work, a group of people I know through Facebook is busily organizing a dizzying variety of on-line classes about medieval things. Someone else has started a class/group on making an Elizabethan ruff. I have always wanted one as a way to show off my handmade lace (that I never seem to have time to make anymore but will just overlook that part, shall we?). And tonight someone organized a Google hangout where a bunch of us got together virtually to work on craft projects and chat. It was a lovely way to blow off a little pent-up steam and feel less isolated. I’ll probably never finish a ruff that looks anything like this one from an exhibit at the Textile Museum in St Gall, Switzerland, but I can dream... In the meantime, stay healthy everyone. Practice social distancing and wash your hands.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shedding junk in my work space

The COVID-19 new normal?

The World Without Us - Thoughts for Earth Day