Finding Gratitude at the end of a Rotten Day

This day was really difficult. It was a combination of very long hours (on the emails by 7 am, finished at a little after 10 pm), plus computer problems and some bad news.

I hate the gratitude thing that some people seem to love. However, I am going to try and at least acknowledge things that weren’t horrible.

- one of my friends or neighbours shared a link to a local fitness studio and the owner is offering daily live sessions on Facebook. I did one today and it was okay.
- I got out for a walk before it was completely dark.
- While working, I was able to see the blue sky.
- did sneak in a quick chat with a few buddies, and made a bit of progress on a craft project while we talked.
- a colleague spotted a glitch in our payments, and folks were able to fix it two hours before the end of the fiscal year so we didn’t lapse $5M.
- It took an hour with IT on the phone, but my computer is working again.

Actually, I’m pretty much done now. It was still a shitty day.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shedding junk in my work space

The COVID-19 new normal?

The World Without Us - Thoughts for Earth Day