Life is a Marathon, not a Sprint

Today was a very long day, not quite the first in a series of very long days that could stretch to weeks.  One of my colleagues like to remind us that our work is a marathon, not a sprint. We generally work at a high tempo, and there is always more that we could do if there were more hours in the day. Learning to prioritize, and to share tasks, is critical for the survival of our mental health.

Keeping active and engaged outside the office is critical too, but it is proving to be particularly difficult when trying to work from home. To that end, I had to force myself out of the kitchen (I love to use my laptop at the eating nook) because I was snacking too much. I popped into the office for a bit, but got rides instead of walking because it was icy in the morning and raining in the afternoon. I also took a few moments to admire the fresh snow from my front door this morning, and admire garden pictures friends further to the south shared on Facebook. I didn’t follow all the instructions Here, but I am going to take time out for a Youtube yoga video before my last call of the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shedding junk in my work space

The COVID-19 new normal?

The World Without Us - Thoughts for Earth Day