The joys of the time switch

I’m not a big fan of springing forward, but it does make walking home much easier if there is still daylight when I leave the office. That’s what I did today. It was beautiful, if a bit chilly. I felt like I was being dive-bombed by one of the returning Canada Geese as it flew just overhead (but too fast for me to grab a picture). This morning, I had spotted a flock of Goldeneye ducks.

As well, I must remember that stopping along the way to do errands is a great way to get me to walk instead of taking the bus. Tonight it was the pharmacy for prescription refills - I am not going to be a COVID-19 panicker, but I am going to be prepared.

A Goldeneye duck from the website gilligalloubird, which identifies them as ice out birds, and even has a post about them on the Ottawa River on March 10 a few years ago. Mine were on the Rideau River, about 200m above the falls where the Rideau joins the Ottawa, and it was March 12.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shedding junk in my work space

The COVID-19 new normal?

The World Without Us - Thoughts for Earth Day