Happy Father’s Day

Today started out rough, with my daughter having another bout of sadness over the breakup of a relationship. She ended up coming to sleep with me for several hours, which meant no swim as I wanted her to rest. There were serious efforts at letting go on both sides - her starting to figure out how to move on and me trying to let go of the desire to punch him right in the head.

The rest of the day was much better. We bought groceries (and a huge basket of local strawberries) then collected my sister and her dog so we could all visit my parents for Father’s Day.

Here‘s dad with the strawberry shortcake my sister whipped up, and Mom with Gracie.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shedding junk in my work space

The COVID-19 new normal?

The World Without Us - Thoughts for Earth Day