You would think my son was coming for a visit or something.

Actually he is coming, which is partly why I am on a bit of a decluttering binge. Tomorrow I need to wipe down every surface I can, and vacuum the basement again (the only area with a carpet), because he and his girlfriend are both allergic to cats. 

I have discovered that one of the advantages of working from home is that I can do a lot of conference calls while cleaning up stuff. I just put myself on mute. Today I emptied out two drawers of my filing cabinet and now have space for actual office stuff. I even sorted all the gift bags and special occasion cards and put them neatly in a drawer. I may never need to buy another card as long as I live, even if I send out a lot more cards than I do most years. I have sorted all kinds of fabric and put it with patterns so I can actually sew stuff, instead of just hoarding fabric. It would be more practical if I were to clean up stuff on the main floor, but the basement did need some serious work. I have done part of the main floor and can finish the rest fairly quickly tomorrow morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shedding junk in my work space

The COVID-19 new normal?

The World Without Us - Thoughts for Earth Day