Decluttering my workspace and my mind


Mentally, this has been a tough week.


Yesterday I spent several hours sorting and shredding papers. There were documents, notes and files that dated back more than a decade. I need to do more. My goal is to fit everything from my old office into existing spaces at home. I will not fall into the temptation of acquiring more storage solutions. Marie Kondo is very much on my mind.

Today I worked on decluttering my brain. I went for a swim this morning with a bunch of friends. We were in the water as the sun rose. It was peaceful and I spent a bit of time doing speed work - trying to increase my stroke rate and push each stroke harder through the water.


Sadly, when I finished, my Strava showed that I was 120 M short of my 2.5 km goal for the morning. I tried to let it go, along with the list of tasks I had set for myself today. Instead, I called my parents and asked if the invitation to my sister’s cottage for the day was still open. It was. 

I limited myself to one craft project for the day, and made solid project on knitting a sock from stash yarn. And I had a quick dip in the river with my sister. According to Strava, we went all of 251 M.






Comments

  1. Love this picture of you and your sister.....someday I hope to meet both of you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shedding junk in my work space

The COVID-19 new normal?

The World Without Us - Thoughts for Earth Day