Swimming

 It has been a lovely weekend for getting out on the water. 

Yesterday the egrets were eating breakfast, red squirrels  were chattering, and I got caught up in a Canada geese traffic jam on the way to the swimming spot. I did a nice 2k with a couple of friends.

Today there was a glorious sunrise.


I met up with two different friends and we did the same route. It was lovely as one person had never gone out into the really open water before and she had a great time. The other person was someone I haven’t seen in ages, so it was nice to catch up. Just hanging out on our floats and chatting by the channel marker before heading in on the last stretch felt wonderful.

Oh, and the geese were back, but standing in a row on a wall rather than blocking the pathway.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shedding junk in my work space

The COVID-19 new normal?

The World Without Us - Thoughts for Earth Day